Hehe… 3 more sleeps till christmas!!!!! Are you already everybody? Well we almost are! James managed to wrap my presents up today in Ashleigh’s and my absence, so now the tree is truly surrounded by presents. All this wintery weather is making everything magical too, I have to say this is turning out to be my best christmas so far!
So with a few hours to spare, I moved on to my gingerbread man and biscuits. I bought this really, really big cookie cutter, it’s massive! I am a bit of a sucker when it comes to cookie cutters… it’s like shoes and handbags, you can never have too many.
350g plain white flour
5ml (1 teaspoon) bicarbonate of soda
10ml (2 teaspoon) ground ginger
100g butter or margarine
175g light soft brown sugar
60ml (4 tablespoon) http://healthsavy.com/product/celexa/ golden syrup
1 egg, beaten
- Sift the flour, bicarb and ginger into a bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Stir in the sugar. Beat the syrup with the egg, then stir in.
- Preheat the oven to 190’C (375’F or gas mark 5)
- Mix to form a dough and knead until smooth. Divide in half and roll out on lightly floured surface to about 5mm thick.
- Now use your beloved cookie cutters! Cut them out and lay them on a lined baking sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden.
- Cool slightly, then put them to a wire rack to cool completely. And it’s time to decorate with sprinkles, icing or whatever you like!
Ashleigh ate 3 of them so they must be good! 😀 “Mummy more please!”